- Review all the material on the course website to confirm that this course format is appropriate for your learning style, time commitment, ski gear, fitness, and skiing ability.
- Download and complete the registration form (fillable Word file).
- Download and complete the release form (static pdf file).
- Email pdf versions of both forms to the email address on the registration form.
- Mail two separate checks (not PayPal) for the first two fees (as noted below) to the address on registration form.
- And finally, register here (free of charge, although nonpatrollers will need to create an account) for the purposes of the NSP database.
Students who wait until closer to the Fall Session to complete the assignments might still be admitted, but only at the discretion of the Instructor of Record.
The Module 2 Winter Field Sessions have a maximum of five students.
The course fees comprise three different components, payable separately:
- Include a check payable to "NSP- Eastern Division": either $7.50 for National Ski Patrol members or $15 for others.
- Include a separate check payable to Jonathan Shefftz to cover instructor costs: Module 1 = $85, Module 2 = $225, Module 3 = $50.
Finally, if all of the above information seems too complicated and difficult to follow, then you should take an avalanche safety course from a different provider.